Green coconut chutney


This kind of chutney is very common in karnataka, . As I am from andhra, I didn’t know much about this chutney untill I got married. In the beginning I was not a big fan of it, may be because I was just used to my mom’s way of cooking. But now I like it very much and this is one of my favourites.

In karnataka there are two ingredients which people try to incorporate in every meal- coconut and jaggery/sugar. I sometimes tease my husband saying that, like Italians who put cheese in anything and everything, you guys put coconut and sugar in everything. But one thing i agree is that coconut defintely makes a meal rich and tastes good.

Ingredients:

  • Daliya ( roasted chana dal/chanaga poppu)- 1/2 cup
  • grated cocount- 1/4 cup
  • green chillies- 6
  • coriander (cilantro)
  • sugar- 1/4 tsp (optional)
  • lemon juice
  • salt

Procedure:

Grind all the above ingredients with some water in a mixer to a smooth paste. Now do the popu or tadka with ( 1tsp oil, few mustard seeds, few curry leaves and a pinch of hing). Mix this popu into the chutney and serve with dosa or idli

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment