Poha Dosa (Atukula dosa)






Poha dosa (atululu dosa in andhra) is so soft, it just melts in your mouth. Unlike other dosas this one is little thick and soft in texture. The soft ness comes from the poha and sabudan. When ever i make this dosa it reminds me of my home town nellore – during my summer vacation i used to visit my family in nellore and my atta (aunt) used to make different types of dosas for me. In the evening’s pretty much every single day i used to buy this poha dosa, we call it rupayi dosalu (one rupee dosa).

Ingredients:

  • Rice- 3 cups
  • Poha (atukulu)- 3/4th cup
  • Urad dal (minna pappu)- 1/4th cup
  • Pearl sago (sabudan)- 1 tbsp

Procedure:

Soak all the above ingredients in water for good four hours. In a mixer grind them to a smooth paste, add salt and let the batter ferment overnight.

Take a non stick pan, pour some batter not spreading it too much. It should be little thick, as its shown below. Add some oil, close the lid and cook for a minute and then flip the other side.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment